Friday, September 26, 2008

So... Mel Gibson Was There

Just to inform you, I'm off to Stirling for the weekend for my home stay. Stirling is very special city to Scotland because of the Stirling Bridge where William Wallace and his army fought for Scottish independence! Of course, you'll all know who William Wallace because of the great Mel Gibson and his movie Braveheart. Because of this short home stay I will probably not have access to the internet; therefore, I will not be updating the blog, checking my facebook or email, or be able to skype with any of you for a few days. I will definitely take LOTS of pictures and update you on everything that's even slightly interesting.

But before I sign off, I'd like to leave you with a few thoughts: Are raisins a fruit? Isn't that kind of like saying banana chips are a fruit? Did you know British people pronounce oregano "ore-GAN-o?" Oh, and apparently our pronunciations are all wrong since the Brits "invented" the language. I have yet to find any type of 24 hour eatery in Britain and I actually am beginning to believe they don't exist here... so why is it called IHOP if its not international? Shouldn't it be AHOPIPS (American House of Pancakes with International Pancake Selections)? And finally, what is with McCain whimping out on the debate??

1 comment:

soso said...

1. A country w/o IHOP isn't a country, the brits really need to step it up
2. OMG Mel Gibson is soo nuts
3. Home stay YAY!!
4. They pronouce Nike (the brand) weird too, just ask someone
5. McCain can suck it, I'm all about seeing the Palin/Biden debate, now that will be entertainment